해성동기와

공지사항 / Q&A / 갤러리 / 자유게시판

갤러리

갤러리

Easy methods to Retailer Figs

페이지 정보

작성자 Connie 작성일24-07-27 16:53 조회13회 댓글0건

본문

When storing figs, do not put them close to other vegetables and fruits. Figs, like many other foods, reminiscent of apples, bananas, and apricots, include ethylene. The latter is a plant hormone. Figs launch ethylene gasoline, which causes the softening and sprouting of other fruits and vegetables. As if it is not enough that figs do not last greater than a number of days, they may cause deterioration of your different products in case you store all of them together. To take action, wash and dry the figs completely, then take away the stems. Place the figs in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze till they're agency. As soon as frozen, transfer the figs to airtight containers or freezer baggage, and store them in the freezer. Thawed figs are softer, so that they're greatest used in cooked dishes or blended into smoothies.

Place figs in a big pot or Dutch oven and canopy with sugar. Cowl the pot and let the figs sit in the sugar overnight. Heat the pot on the stovetop over medium heat. Cook, stirring continually, until the sugar dissolves (this solely takes a couple of minutes). Reduce the heat to low, add the lemon slices, and cook for about 2 hours. If you’re not aware of canning, I’d recommend reading my beginner’s guide to water bath canning before getting started. Utilizing a ladle, rigorously transfer the completed fig jam into prepared half-pint jars, leaving 1/four-inch headspace at the top of the jar. Wipe the rim and sides of the jar down earlier than applying two-piece lids till fingertip tight.

Additionally, don't use any which can be overripe. Only select the highest quality fruit for dehydrating. Be certain that to handle the figs fastidiously so you don't bruise them. Additionally, there's a bug called a fig wasp that likes to bore into figs in some areas. The fig wasps aren't in all areas so examine your space to see if this is applicable to you. Granulated sugar: this traditional Southern recipe requires an equal quantity of sugar and figs; nevertheless, you'll be able to see my word under to regulate the recipe for less sugar. Lemon: gives the unfold a vibrant, acidic notice that balances the sweetness of the figs and helps to make the preserves secure for shelf-stable canning. 3 sterilized half-pint mason jars and خواص انجیر خشک lids: this recipe yields sufficient for about three (eight-ounce) jars of jam.

Figs usually ripen twice a year: the primary or "breba" season is typically in early June, while the second or "new wood" season generally runs from August by way of October. When my neighbor’s Brown Turkey figs ripened early this yr (due to a heat winter in Virginia), she was completely happy to share some with us. We're going to present the figs further bashing up throughout the cooking process, so that you don’t need to worry concerning the fruit. Vigorous stirring is useful here. I like to let the figs and sugar macerate together within the fridge in a single day, however this isn’t required. You can start cooking the jam as soon because the sugar is dissolved into the fruit. If you find yourself ready to cook, scrape the fruit and sugar mixture into a big, non-reactive pot. I like a low walled stainless steel soup pot, but enameled solid iron is also a extremely good possibility.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

Copyright ⓒ 2016 동기와.한국/해성동기와.한국 All Rights Reserved.